Saturday 23 February 2008

Carbon Lent continued


You may be wondering why it's gone silent on the blog about Tearfund's carbon fast that we're following. Well, most of the things this week we do anyway. i.e. turn off lights when not in room, take a shower not a bath, snub plastic bags, only fill kettle with the water you need (always have done that - it saves money on electricity!).

But we have started our own project. putting refective material behind radiators. Well, we've done one so far. You can buy stuff to do this, but we cut up a large cardboard box and fixed tin foil to it. Then attached it to the wall behind the radiator with blutack. It fell off a day later, so more thought needs to go into fastening it to the wall! But the idea is sound.

Next idea was to be radiator shelves to stop the heat going up behind the curtain (the radiator being in front of the window) Then I read "Incorrect Energy Efficiency Advice" (see
www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=22426 ). So it's back to the drawing board for that one!

But good news! my electicity supply company wrote to me today to remind me that as I'm on a fixed tarrif, my energy prices won't increase! Until October this year, that is, when the contract runs out. So now I'm dreading October ...

No comments:

Post a Comment