Wednesday 6 May 2009

More Baptist Assembly

I forgot to tell you in my last blog about the saga of the morning coffee. Some time before the assembly, I read that we would have to pay for coffee this year. So I made a prophecy - or perhaps it was just a prediction - that they wouldn't cope with dishing out coffee AND having to take the money and long queues will form.

My prediction turned out to be spot on! But we were prepared. First thing we did was to do a 'recce' to find where the coffee was being served. Then in the morning we sat as near to the door that was nearest the refreshments. It worked a treat! The first day I was a few from the front but the second day I was second and the third day I was first!

I shouldn't really be telling you this, as next year you'll all be doing it! Or maybe not. Even though people were still queuing after we'd finished our coffee, they seemed quite happy chatting. After all queuing is what we Brits do, isn't it?

(By the way, the coffee was pretty grim and NOT worth the £1.90 charged, in my humble opinion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment