Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Day


It's 10.30 pm and the rest of the household are in bed! But I must admit we didn't go to bed until about 2 am this morning. We went to our local Anglican Midnight Communion and saw Christmas in that way. Which was a very nice way to do it. Including a good sermon from Colin the vicar.


Then it was our morning service - about three quarters of an hour of Christmas Day praise. It included the allegory of Claude and Carol Candle (well, you had to be there!) and my Christmas meditation, God came down at Christmas, which I will try to blog when I get the opportunity (it's so old I only have a "hard copy").


It has been a nice day - just three of us, including my sister-in-law. Tomorrow is the family day - on the floor with the grandchildren, probably playing "sardines in the dark"! That will also be a good day!


As for today we had a lovely three-meat roast - as advertised in Aldi. And very nice it was, too. I even had four sprouts! We played Yahtzee (that's a blast from the past - but I bought it in a charity shop recently) and Crazy Cuts; a simple game where you are given the name of an object on a card and you have to cut it out from a piece of paper and the first person to recognise what it is gets a point - and so does the cutter. Simple, but actually good fun! Thank you to our Barnet friends for buying it for us!



We also watched Dr. Who - well I had to as someone bought me a pair of Dr. Who socks for Christmas! A bit more silly than usual I thought. Not as patch on the Christmas edition which featured Kylie Minogue a few years ago.


Well, that's our Christmas. Not long to Boxing Day now. Although I've been told if you Google "Boxing Day" it doesn't happen on a Sunday. So Boxing Day is officially Monday - yes I know your diary says it's Sunday, but what do they know?


I hope you had a lovely Christmas also. Keep the Light of the World central to your heart and life.









No comments:

Post a Comment