Thursday 4 August 2011

Holiday Drinking

As we sat on the beach, I said to my wife, “I need to hydrate.” What I meant was, “I’m thirsty.” The reason for the comment was the news that much of the nonsense told us by companies that sell bottled water is just that – nonsense. You don’t need to drink umpteen litres of water a day in order to stay ‘hydrated’. Our bodies have been telling us for thousands of year when we need to drink – we get thirsty.


Other nonsense about tea and coffee not counting has also been debunked. What’s more, there’s water in fruit and vegetables, so eating your five a day is also helping your fluid intake. Coupled with the price of most bottles of water, it’s quite a relief! Although I find that the thing by the sink provides a good, cheap, drinking source, even if you’re on a meter!

But just one point – Hooray for Euro Shopper’s bottle of water purchased in the Isle of Wight – 29p for half a litre! Less than half the price you norally pay. And a sell by date of a year’s time. Well, you know how water can go off!

No comments:

Post a Comment