Tuesday 24 July 2012

Retiring, but not shy!

Hi everyone!  I've just retired so I've dcided I ought to start blogging again!  Having said that, we are moving house soon and BT can't come and fix up our new telephone line until 20 August, so I can't do much until then.

It's was quite an emotional weekend, especially with a special service at Laindon on Saturday, where people from previous churches spoke; then on Sunday, a baptismal service, which was a very exciting way to end my ministry at Laindon.

There was a retirement cake, of course, which had decorations including an armchair, slippers and a Bible.  The previous week I'd had a birthday cake and the decoration on that was a vicar!  So we thought we'd sit him in the chair - see picture!

Unfortunately as we are moving house, there's not a lot of sitting around at the moment!



P.S. I know I need to update my profile, it's in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment