Sunday 21 October 2012

A Special Day

What's special about 15 November this year?  Do you know? (be honest!)

Well, in case you didn't know, let me tell you.  It's election day, not for MP's, MEP's or local councillors.  No, it's to elect your local Police and Crime Commissioner.  If you knew that, no doubt you know who you will be voting for.  I'm looking up the web site for my candidates so I can decide ... Oh dear!  We can't find out until 26 October.  Still, only six days to go ... I'm not sure I can contain my excitement!

Seriously though, why, after nearly 300 years since Sir Robert Peel did his stuff, do we now need these Commissioners?  I've no idea, and that's after watching the advert telling me to vote!

By the way, the elections are estimated to cost £75 million.  And I thought we were in a recession!  It just goes to prove that the government will spend money on what they want to spend it on, whatever the size of the national debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment