Wednesday 9 April 2008

It shouldn't happen to a dog

You know that car advert with the dog singing with confidence in the car but whispering it whilst he shakes elsewhere? Well I'm pleased to tell you that VW has explained the dog was not mistreated during the making of the film. This was in response to (according to one source) 286 complaints from viewers. I also heard that the advert has been withdrawn and I certainly haven't seen it recently.

I haven't heard of masses of complaints against violent video games that are also advertised on TV. Of course, the excuse is they are only fantasy, so that's OK. There again, the dog on the advert didn't actually sing! That was fantasy as well!

My conclusion is it doesn't matter about blowing our fellow human beings to smithereens as long as no animal is hurt. Sometimes I wonder about our culture.

By the way, an RSPCA spokesman is reported to have said, whether or not the dog was harmed, it ought to be in the back of the car and wear a seatbelt (Arrggh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment