Thursday 3 April 2008

Post 'flu ramblings

If you've wondered where I've been, I'm recovering from 'flu! First of all my wife had it, then on Good Friday I went down with it. However, I'm over the worst now and looking back at what's been happening in the world.

Well Mr Mugabe seems still to be trying to hang in there in Zimbabwe. After all, with inflation running at 150,000% (have I got enough zeroes?), most people jobless and very little food in the shops, what's the problem? Give the poor bloke a chance! It was pointed out years ago that Mugabe backwards is e-ba-gum. The Zimbabwean equivalent of that must be being said quite a lot over there as they wait and wait for the election results ...

Then there's terminal five! It has been said that people make mistakes, but it takes a computer to really cock things up and T5 seems to be the best example yet of that! I think it was Michael Flanders who said, "If God had meant us to fly he wouldn't have given us the railways." I think it must have been the devil that added, "As they do want to fly I'll give them BA!"

Apparently the terminal had to be evacuated yesterday because the toilets blocked and flooded. That must be quite a relief after tens of thousands of bags to sort through!

I was thinking, maybe the baggage computer system has a virus. If so, I think the prognosis can't be good - even Terminal!

No comments:

Post a Comment