Friday 28 August 2009

Apologies to Loyal Readers


First of all my apologies to all those loyal readers out there who have noticed my lack of blogging recently.


My excuse is we have moved home, to Laindon, into the church house (known in Baptist circles as the Manse). It has been a traumatic time, trying to find a place for everything AND having the gas cut off. That's another story, which I'll tell you about another time.


I'm pleased to say we are in a cable area, so we are back with Virgin media, after 18 or so months with BT (say no more!). Virgin are much more friendly. I phoned up to get cable installed and did NOT have to wait in a queue. In fact "Geoff" answered, sorted it all out and left me a number which took you straight through to their office. When I did ring the number, I left a message asking Geoff to ring me back, and within an hour he did! Other large companies with call centres please note!!


But perhaps Virgin go a bit over the top in their friendliness, when the official letter you get from them to confirm everything is entitled, "Well hello there!" In it they tell me if I want to know more, "just take a peek at the leaflet we've tucked away with this letter."


But we mustn't complain about that - better than the 'stiff' letters from some other organisations, so generally it's a well done to Mr. Branson.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your going for the XL Package, You will get the God channel and Premier Radio together with UCB christian radio. Ginge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Just got the cheapest package!

    ReplyDelete