Tuesday 3 November 2009

Addenda on Poppies

Further to my blog below, let me add two things.

Firstly, in spite of what I said, I was seen walking through Basildon wearing a poppy on Saturday. This was because I bought one and the lady insisted she pinned it on me. That was very nice of her, of course. However, it will go on a different jacket next Sunday, Remembrance Sunday, so it is sitting safely on my bedside cabinet.

Secondly, I have to admit to having a 'spare' poppy in my bedside cabinet drawer! This is the previous year's poppy I bought and it is a "panic spare" in case I can't find mine on Sunday morning. I will throw it away after Sunday, and this year's will become the spare.

It's all very logical, and necessary as, being out the front on Sunday, I don't want to be embarrassed without a poppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment