Monday 26 April 2010

"It's a Pound"

For some reason I can't remember, I came across the following video from You Tube where three items from Poundland are reviewed. It's quite entertaining. The address is

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkRU6c4eYU


One of the items reviewed was a mini vacuum cleaner which you plug into a USB socket and can clean between the keys of the keyboard! He did have a problem with it, but even so, this morning I popped into Poundland, saw one, and guess what, I bought it. It actually seems to work!


I think I'll pop back and buy a few more and that will be a number of Christmas present problems solved for later this year!


He mentions on the video that most of the electrical items are the "Signalex" brand. If you look around Poundland, you find there are various brands that you've not heard of before. For instance, "Let's DIY it!" for, believe it or not, DIY type goods, "Funtastic" for children's items and various others (I can't remember their names) for home, office, paper goods and so on.


And guess what! They all have the same postal address as Signalex! So there must be this one warehouse in Birmingham churning out 100's of items, all for Poundland.


By the way, there's also a second video, reviewing yet three more products ("Poundland Special 2"). It will no doubt come up if you go to the first video.



Happy watching and happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Shop in Poundland!!!! Im sorry but one gets ones food and household items from "Harrods" of knightsbridge.You will be telling me to get my clothes from Primark next. Would not hear of it old boy. Ginge :)

    ReplyDelete