Monday 18 July 2011

Birthday

It was my birthday on Saturday. First of all, thank you to all my Facebook 'friends' who wished me a happy birthday! I took the day off as I'd seen a kite festival advertised on Dunstable Downs, not far from where one of our daughters lives.


So we arranged with them to meet up there at noon, have a picnic lunch and enjoy the kites. However, this was Saturday, the day of the downpours. It's quite interesting six people having a picnic in one car, with the windows tight shut to keep the rain out! But it was a good day. It cleared up long enough to see some kite displays, including four kites 'dancing' to music. I never knew people did such things! There's a whole unexplored world out there...

Below is the card my wife sent me, which she made herself (as she does all the cards we send). I know it gives away my age, but I thought you'd like to see it. On the front it says:















And inside:

































No comments:

Post a Comment