Friday 1 July 2011

Posh crisps

We have a picnic basket- you know, the proper wicker type with cutlery, etc, inside. We hadn't used it for some years and as the Sunday School were going for a picnic up to Westley Heights on Whit Sunday, I said, "Let's take our picnic basket!"

So we did, and it poured with rain and having a picnic on the church hall floor wasn't quite how I'd imagined it ... But we did still use the basket and the picnic blanket!

So I said, one Monday off when it's fine, we must use it again! Well this last Monday was VERY fine, so down to Chalkwell we went with our picnic. Brilliant!

I offered to go out to buy some items for the picnic and my wife said to buy some crisps, but some 'nice' ones! So off I went to Lidl and bought their own brand 'Ideal' crisps, which were very nice and I can recommend them.


What amused me was the front of the packet. You can see they've done a tasteful arrangement of the ingredients: a sack of potatoes, a dish of sea salt and a stack of peppercorns. But the vertical writing on the left hand side reads, "Serving suggestion"!

Presumably this was to ensure no-one was expecting the bag to actually hold a sack of potatoes (a clue would have been its weight). But, actually, it's not a serving suggestion. I defy anyone to serve up crisps looking like a sack of potatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment