Monday 17 November 2008

I'm back.

It's been a long time since I last blogged. My apologies to all out there who read my musings. Excuses include a week's holiday in Spain. And may I say at this point that the rain in Spain actually falls everywhere, but especially Malaga!

It's all been happening here though. No, not the credit crunch, rising unemployment and all that, but the fact that John Sergeant is still in Strictly! The judges are appalled that the public are voting off better dancers, and Cherie Lunghi's partner James Jordan definitely wasn't happy!

But actually this is what the BBC wants. Even I may watch it next time, just to see John! So while everyone's rowing, the viewing figures are up and it's proving what the BBC knew all along, this isn't so much a dance show as how to get good ratings on a Saturday evening.

But I ought to say something about the parlous state of the economy. Today a CBI report came out saying things are worse than they thought. More doom and gloom ... But hang on a minute! What they are saying is they got it wrong in September when they thought things weren't too bad. And, of course, they got it completely wrong as they didn't see the credit crunch coming anyway. So as they've got it so wrong so often, why does this latest report snatch the headlines? My report on CBI's reports says, "C-, try to do better next time." But I don't hold out a lot of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment