Sunday 15 February 2009

Blonde joke

I started off my sermon this morning by telling a 'blonde' joke - thereby upsetting probably a quarter of the congregation in one go! I heard it on Radio 2 and it was told by Sarah Kennedy, who is blonde. This is it:

Two blonde girls were going down the side of the road, one digging a hole, then the other filling it in. They carried on down the road - one digging a hole, the other filling it in until they got to the end of the road. Then they crossed over to the other side and continued back along the road, one digging a hole, the other filling it in. A man who had been watching them work their way down one side of the road, then up the other, stopped them and asked what they were doing.

One of them explained, "There's normally three of us but the other girl called in sick today. She's the one who plants the tree."

I don't think everyone got the joke, there was some whispering going on afterwards. And I'm not saying whether they were male or female or what their hair colouring was!

1 comment:

  1. What a shame I was out with the Powerhouse children and missed such a corker!!!!!
    Actually -I think it's very funny. And I'm blonde too!!! ha ha ha
    See you soon Eric!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete