Friday 27 February 2009

More Jobcentre ordeals!

As I was at a conference earlier this week (as mentioned below) and I couldn't keep my usual appointment on Tuesday at the Job Centre. At my previous appointment I explained this, saying that the conference was useful to me for training and networking, so that it would be helpful in my job search. The lady took a photocopy of the programme to file with my notes and made me an appointment for Thursday instead.

So on Tuesday afternoon, someone phones up from the Job Centre to ask why I didn't show up! My wife explained what had happened, but she was not at all impressed!

When I went on Thursday I had to fill in a form as to why I didn't show up on Tuesday. I said I had explained all this last time and that was why I was there on Thursday. But it didn't make any difference. I asked why they had rung up on Tuesday when they knew I wasn't going and why I wasn't going. The answer was something about it not being on my computer record at that point in time. "The call was just a courtesy call," she said. The trouble is, it wasn't a courtesy call, it was a stupid call! And it makes the whole office look stupid ...

No comments:

Post a Comment