Friday 3 July 2009

It's off to work I go ...

On Wednesday 1 July I started my new job! And guess what, there was a traffic jam on the A127 that I use to get to work, because of an accident.

Actually the accident was on the other carriageway, which was closed for quite some time. The reason for our delay was what has become known as "rubbernecking". That is, people slowing down to see what has happened. This, as the term implies, is seen as a bad thing - people gawping at an accident.

But, wait a minute. What if everyone drove on without a second glance? How callous would that mean we as a nation had become?

If I see an accident like that I actually take the opportunity to pray for those involved, their family and those who will be helping them, whether that's medically, practically or spiritually.

I recommend you do it also - but, of course, if you're driving, you must pray with your eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment