Tuesday 6 October 2009

Where does Sunday fit in?

I want to complain about something in Microsoft Outlook, but I don't know who to complain to, so I've decided to blog about it instead!

I happened to notice that today (Tuesday) two emails which arrived on Sunday are in the "Last Week" column. But Sunday is NOT the final day of last week. It's the FIRST day of this week!

I know Sunday is rapidly becoming like any weekday, with many shops open, but for me it's the day I celebrate with my Christian friends the resurrection of Jesus Christ who rose on the first day of the week - Sunday!

We start the week with Sunday, a day for rest, recreation and worship, not Monday, which is the first day back at work after the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness will you stop complaining!!!! The country would grind to a halt if we all took Sunday's Off no transport, no emergency services,no hospital workers etc etc etc. Our week on the Railway goes from Sunday - Saturday, with 2 rest days during that week. Also while we are on this topic the Jewish sabath is on a Saturday. 6 days Ye shall labour and the 7th Ye shall rest.. Chin up Eric. Ginge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't complaining about the wonderful work people in public transport, the emergancy services, etc do! But it does seem a pity that the leisure industry has fit to make Sunday a working day due to shops opening.

    I still like the idea of starting the week on a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete