Wednesday 23 June 2010

Sorry about the lack of entries

Sorry about the lack of entries on my blog page in recent days. But I'm back now!

So, what can I comment on? Well, there's the budget. Is it the necessary medicine the country needs as the Tories are saying? Or is it a terrible mistake as Labour are saying? (note, for obvious reasons the Lib-Dems are saying very little!)

My answer is, "I don't know." I hear both arguments but don't know which, if ether, are right. And, of course, we'll never know, unless we pull very swiftly out of recession, which seems unlikely. And if we don't, would Labour's solution have been any more effective? Quite simply, we'll never know!

But onto more important things - the World Cup. It's the crucial match this afternoon (if you're reading this later, I'm referring to the match against Slovenia).

I hear that a Primary School is closing half an hour early so people can watch the match! What IS that all about? School finishes at around 3 pm anyway, so they'll only miss about 15 minutes! And they can always press 'record', so any goals scored in that time can still be seen (assuming they are scored by England in the back of the opponent's net!).

No comments:

Post a Comment