Thursday 24 June 2010

Would my Grandmother have watched the football match?

As I sat thinking about our football win yesterday, and the fact that Basildon town centre was very quiet (as no doubt were other town centres), I began wondering whether my Grandma would have watched the game.

You see, she only ever watched one game a year, the FA Cup Final. I don't know why this was, it just was. And I started to think, maybe she would have added that game to her football watching portfolio.

And then I realised - of course she wouldn't have watched it! It was on a weekday afternoon and you don't watch television on weekday afternoons! There were so many other things to do on a Wednesday afternoon, no time for that football nonsense!

Sadly, our country's work ethic has deteriorated over the years...

No comments:

Post a Comment