Tuesday 14 June 2011

More batteries required!

A week ago I blogged about how so many things that used to just work, now need power. For instance, watches and clocks that we quite happily used to wind up, now require batteries.

And so it continues. I heard on the radio a brief mention of electronic gear changing on a bicycle. Mind you it costs over £1,000!

And one of the best yet - an electric salt and pepper mill! Yes, you don't have to do the grinding, just press a button and it's done for you. Wow! I'd heard of this some time back, but on the front of a catalogue for a well-known office stationers, I see they are giving away one free when you place your next order. And alongside the advert it tells you not to forget the batteries! You can get two packs (you need six batteries) from them from only £9.16 (plus VAT, of course).

So that's it - £10 to get a free gift to actually work. I'll stick to the old manual grind, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment