Monday 1 September 2008

A New Era ...

Well, today is my first day 'unemployed' (for more information about this, see my July blog "The Reason Why" - http://ericgreymatters.blogspot.com/2008/07/reason-why.html ).

Yesterday in church I spoke of the fact that the church has been going through difficult times and that it was a spiritual battle that God had allowed. I quoted Luke 22:31 where Jesus at the last supper said to Simon Peter, "Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

So the church must remain faithful through this current time and be encouraged that Jesus is praying for us! And, when we are through all this, God wants to use the experience to strengthen others! I then challenged people to be part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed". *

So it's a new 'era' for me. I've never been unemployed as such before. But, as I've said earlier, I'm going to use this time to do some study that I've not as yet had time for and, of course, setting the wheels in motion to find a new pastorate.

I read Psalm 71:17-18 recently:

Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and grey, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.


I believe there's still work to do, declaring God's love and power!


* See http://www.godswork.net/inspiration6.htm (although I removed & altered one or two bits).

No comments:

Post a Comment