Tuesday 30 September 2008

Signing On

As an unemployed person, I now have to go and sign on each fortnight. I am in the process of finding a new pastorate, but these things cannot be rushed! The young lad I see has his questions he has to ask me (I think they are on his computer screen on front of him). However, as he realises, "Pastor" is not a run-of-the-mill job. The previous time he said that he had to look up their website to see if they had any vacancies, but sad (though unsurprisingly!) to say, they didn't have any for a Pastor.

In times past I've heard some horror stories of people who have come into contact with a job centre (or one of its previous incarnations) but I must say the staff here are pleasant, and last time they kept apologising because we were kept waiting.


So, it's not a bad thing to go through what many people have to go through when they find themselves redundant. But I, like many of them, hope it won't be too long before we have to bother the staff no more at the job centre!

No comments:

Post a Comment