Friday 15 January 2010

Getting out more ...

I know I really ought to get out more, as the following story proves. But as I'm still on crutches, I can only get out when someone takes me. That's my excuse, anyway.

We've just watched the first of the new series of Numbers, a TV cop show (actually, FBI) where Charlie, a young professor of mathematics, helps solve crime using maths (or 'math' as they insist on calling it), along with his brother, Don, who is an FBI agent.
Unlikely plot? Yes, but we enjoy it! I like the characters in it - there is a bit of home life with Charlie and Don, along with their Dad (Mum died some time ago).

The 'cliff edge' at the end of the last series was when Charlie asked Amita to marry him. She was one of his students, but is now a lecturer in her own right at the uni. She hesitated, and we've been left, not knowing the result until this new series.

And during the first episode, all we knew was there was some tension there. But it was revealed at the end that she wanted him to ask her parents first. She is of Indian extraction and they still live in India, so it was not that easy!

The end result is, they agreed and they are going to be married! And I found myself almost shedding a tear because I'm so pleased for them. They are a really nice couple ...

- and that's why I need to get out more!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww come on mate get a grip of yourself, firstly your male and men dont cry, secondly your a minister and you dont see them ever crying, and thirdly im having second thoughts now of you taking my funeral service in case you start blubbering.. Lol. Ginge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes you think I'd cry at your funeral??
    Lol Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause your a big softee at heart.. You cant have Morcombe without Wise, Cannon without Ball or even Eric without Ginge.(My new drama partner in crime) Thats why you'd cry. Lol..
    Ginge :)

    ReplyDelete