Thursday 11 February 2010

Is there life?

All this week Nick Robinson, BBC's political correspondent (the one who's usually standing outside No. 10 on any freezing cold night to report the latest political news) has been going round the country, "taking the pulse" of the nation concerning the general election.

Each day he's been to a different place and asked a different question, with a "Yes/No" answer. They are invited to tick or cross Yes or No and put the result into his "ballot box", which Nick has been taking round the country on top of his car, Mr. Bean style. For instance, in Dudley, they were asked whether it's time to cut public spending.

You may be interested in the results - so am I! But they don't tell you! Unless I've missed something! So what's the point of it all? Perhaps they're waiting until after the election ...

Actually the result I'd most like to know was from Thursday, where people in Harlow were asked, "Voting - is it worth it?" I don't want to know how many said yes and how many said no - what I want to know is how many, when offered his paper didn't bother to fill it in. Now THAT would be a good indication!

By the way, he's wearing my scarf! Well, almost my scarf, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment