Monday 3 September 2012

Our day in Stratford

Had a great day at the paralympics on Friday! We were in the athletics stadium and have the photos to prove it! On the right is the BP photo opportunity they give you if you allow them to offset your carbon footprint to the games.

We were sitting near where they present the medals and we saw Aled Davies win bronze in the shotput.

It was a great day out, a fantastic experience in the stadium and the tickets were only £5 each!  AND that included a Travelcard, valid from Brentwood, so travel cost us nothing!

You suddenly realise that "disabled" is completely the wrong word to describe the competitors as they are able to do many things I can't!     Still, I need to keep in shape now I've retired.  Maybe I'll just go for a cycle ride.  But I need a cup of tea first!

No comments:

Post a Comment