Wednesday 30 December 2009

Is it a disability?

So, I have my leg in plaster from just above the ankle to just below the thigh, so that I am unable to bend my knee. I have to walk with crutches.

So I enquired if there was any way I could get a temporary disabled badge in order for my wife to park in a disabled bay to let me have a fighting chance of getting to my destination on crutches. But no, I've got to have the condition for a year to be "disabled". However, Harlow District Council does a temporary three month one, but no other part of Essex does.

I'm sure it all makes sense to someone somewhere ...

+++++++++++++

We went to Tesco's and as we had to go up to the first floor and the lift was at the back of the store. So they offered me an electric 'buggy', which I accepted. Rather embarrassing I thought, but we are unlikely to meet anyone we know ... So we just begin to go down the aisle, and there are two people from our church!

Although I've thought those buggies looked fun, and years ago I had a go in my father-in-law's one, I've changed my mind. I'd much rather walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment