Monday 14 December 2009

Rob Brydon on Gavin & Stacey was having problems with buying cereals for when the boys come round. I sympathise. As he said, in his day it was just Corn Flakes or Weetabix. Now the list is endless!
Sometimes when we're in the supermarket and we get to the cereals aisle, my wife says to me, "Choose one you like," I just stand there mesmerised! I normally go for Just Right, not because it's just right but because it more like Ok Really and I can't decide on anything else.

Stacey suggests he buys a Variety Pack, but he doesn't think it's a good idea. "Tell me this," he says, "Who would eat the Ricicles?" "Good point," Stacey observes.

But I have some other questions about Variety Packs. Why is it in a pack of eight there is always a duplicate? And why is it one of the more boring ones? Come on Kelloggs, you can do better than that! And another thing, how come when the daughter and two grand kids came and stayed over for one night last weekend, there was only three out of an eight Variety Pack left? Can someone tell me the answer to that?


[By the way, the Gavin & Stacey clip is eight minutes in to www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007nf70 ]

No comments:

Post a Comment