Thursday 17 December 2009

It IS broke,so please fix it!

Oh dear! I fell off my bike this morning on what I assume was black ice. I continued to cycle to the church as I didn't think there was too much damage. But moving round got harder and it started to swell, so it was off to A & E at Basildon Hospital.

After an x-ray they diagnosed a fractured patella (that's a broken kneecap to you and me). I'm home, plastered and on crutches. But I will probably have to go back for an operation.

So that's the latest news. All prayers would be appreciated, not just for me but for the church. Hopefully I'll be able to do the Christmas services this Sunday.

My thanks to all the staff who saw me at the hospital, no complaints at all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Eric - so sorry to hear about this. I can really sympathise as I am having lots of knee problems. 3 weeks ago I had my 3rd operation in 6 months and I have another to look forward to in January which will mean being immobilised (again) for 6-8 weeks. Oh the joy!! Hope you're not in too much pain and that you get sorted out quickly. I actually know an orthopaedic consultant at Basildon - he's the husband of a friend of mine - name is Rob Wakeman. They go to CGC in Chelmsford.
    Take care and merry Christmas!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Ice indeed! Over excess in the communion wine no doubt. Get well soon thou Eric, Theres a wheelchair at the back of the church for the use of so no excuses for not doing the church services over christmas.Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Ginge and Mrs Ginge ;)

    ReplyDelete